Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Change....

I felt sad this couple of days as i've discovered that my senior product executive has been promoted to a assistant product manager. We came in at the same time but she was promoted to a managerial position whereby i'm still stuck at this present position. I was experiencing sharp pains in my heart and felt rather displeased with myself and questioning whether did i done anything wrong and that why i wasn't deserved to be promoted as well.

Then, i received another bad news, my boss is intending to ask me to be placed under the counter session in a way to supervise the counter staff and keep an eye on them as well. My big boss has always been thinking of putting all his product team at the front counter so that if there were any enquiries from big groups, its easier for the counter colleagues to close the sale. With this arrangement done, i may have to perform shift duties and might have to work on weekends and even public holidays as well, as these are the times where the public will come and enquire on tours and etc...

When i put the two together, i felt that my boss is trying to push me out as there is the saying of "one mountain cannot hide two tigers" meaning to say that she cannot have two managerial position supporting her in this area. And hence, the decision to get me out to the counter. I was at a loss and i kinda of like my job and how its going right now, but with this change, i really felt extra lost...

Oh well, lets see what the year 2008 will bring for me...



Add to Technorati Favorites